Did you know that 2015 was the year of the future in the “Back to the Future” movies?
30 years! Where did those go?
So apart from Hover Boards and flying cars, what will be happening in 2015!
I am basing this blog on Ernest Hemingway’s ideas on alcohol.
He drank beer when he was thirsty, wine for enjoyment and Whisky to get drunk
Water as we all know, is full of bacteria!
- Craft beer is still in, however the bearded set are telling me that unless it is made in their postcode, then it just does not count as craft
- Cheap imported beer will be back in vogue and old school beer in cans will be back
- VB and Fosters anyone?
- Rose – real men drink pink at least for the next few months
- Prosecco – Forget Champagne which is basically overpriced thin acidic sparkling wine. Plus you’re kidding yourself if you think non vintage Verve and Moet are classy wines. They are the clean skins of the Champagne world. But you have to hand it to the French, who have convinced Australia to pay $65 for a bottle and think it is a great deal – And Close!!!!!!
- Chardonnay – We have all forgotten how great this variety can be.
- AND – forget about that bloody awful Sauv Blanc – Enough already. New Zealand will win the Rugby World Cup this year, so they do not need any more help from us
- I know nothing about this stuff, apart from the fact that it is bloody expensive
- I have been told by a reliable source (My brother) that Tasmania is making some very decent single malts, and then of course there is Scotland
- I will leave this to you and I will stick with the wine
- Gin however will be all the rage in 2015
Speaking of Tasmania – I am very excited about my plans to head down to Tasmania later this year and visit David Walsh’s MONA
Professional Gambler, lover of art and slightly mad. I love a guy that is putting his money where his mouth is and MONA is supposed to be as good as anything NY or Europe can offer
Plus there is a winery- he owns Moorilla Estate and a craft brewery Moo Brew.
He must be the poster child of every bearded hipster, barista, and small bar owner in Bondi
His wines are pretty good, if a little pricey – but hey that is Tasmania.
OH – and if you are looking for a good BYO in the heart of the Bondi Hipsters, Sean’s Panaroma is bloody awesome. Great seasonal menu and one of the more interesting entrances I have come across. You walk through the kitchen and store rooms to get to the dining room. But well worth the effort if you want to bring along some special wines
Have a great 2015 and I look forward to those hover boards.